Friday, January 1, 2010

Well, 8 hours of ambulance duty proved to be uneventful.  We only went out on about 8 calls, nothing very serious.  There was one funny one though.  We were called to a 97 year old female that fell.  Now normally that could be quite serious, broken pelvis, head injury, stroke, etc.  Well we walked in and the firemen had already picked her up and she's standing there with her walker chatting away.  She was quite tiny and had the cutest voice.  When asked if she wanted to go to the hospital, she gave a resounding, "No".  We checked her all out and she was healthy as a horse. She had a good sense of humor too.  We left there smiling...

I came home at 11:30 to find everyone still up insisting to stay that way until midnight.  So as a family we brought in 2010.

Tonight and tomorrow night I have night duty for our fire dept. With any luck I will get two nights of uninterrupted sleep.

There's a few adoption things happening, we were logged in Dec. 24th, and are almost out or already am out of translation.  I'm having a 'discussion' with my adoption agency about the 'travel fee' they want to charge to use a company's services for meeting us at the offices when we do paperwork and translating.  That's all we need from them, meet at offices, translation, and confirming the appointments.  I think $800 is a bit steep for that.  So we're 'talking'.  Besides that was not budgeted in, it was just given to us as an 'oh by the way' cost.

I'll let you know the outcome.

1 comment:

  1. HELLO Kathleen. I'll keep you in my prayers for the next 2 weeks, but trust that all will work out just fine, at least the important details. Plan on a sunny, warm, FREE vacation in NC this summer. Can't wait to meet the newest daughters. LOVE, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete