Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The eve before New Years

The time is flying by faster as our 'to do' list gets longer.  Today we picked out paint for one of the girl's rooms and a laundry hamper on special.  We've collected a lot of clothes given to us by families whose children have out grown them.  We are so grateful to them, it has really helped budget wise.

I sent a package over to one of the girls with parents who were going to the same orphanage to adopt.  I asked her best friend who is here now, what would she like?  With no hesitation she said "Lotion".  Apparently it is very dry at this time of year.  So I sent  a bottle of extra rich Vaseline Intensive Care and a Burt Bees.  Also I included a Burt Bees lip balm, because in this weather my lips are so dry.  I also sent a pound of Lindt truffles, different flavors.  They were having a huge special just before Christmas and I wanted her to be able to share with the other kids.

I asked my daughter what could I bring as gifts to the kids in the two orphanages.  I asked "Pens?"  She said no, that pencils are more expensive there and they often don't have pencil sharpeners, they have to use a knife to sharpen the pencils.  And we take so much for granted...

Many old friends have come forward and donated, and even more wondrous is people I don't even know have given from their hearts whatever they could.  Fundraising can be a very lonely  place.  So please know all of you who have given to the fund, you have shed a lot of light on that lonely dark place I have been living in since I started this quest.  Thank you.

Well I must get to bed, not because I am partying tomorrow, but I will be going on ambulance duty from 3 p.m. - 11 p.m.  at a hospital, yes as a volunteer.  Last time I took this shift, at ten minutes before 11:00 a call  came in...we didn't get back to the hospital till 1:00am.  I'm kinda hoping that won't happen tomorrow.  I'll let you know on Friday.  Oh and did I mention, it's supposed to rain AND snow tomorrow? So picture us at a car accident helping patients while getting soaked.  I better bring some dry clothes with me, just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment