Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hear Ye Hear Ye

You know they always used to say that in the old days when they wanted people's attention to make an announcement.  No, I'm not THAT old, I read it in a book!

I went to the Chinese Consulate today (on 4 hours sleep) and got all the visas.  It didn't go as smooth as I would have liked, because there is always something that you haven't done exactly the way they wanted it...  I took my older daughter with me because she also had an eye doctors appointment.  Well, we submitted all the information  by 10:30 am, and they said come back at 2:00 because they close at 2:30.
So I went to the window at 2:00 - not ready yet, 2:15 - same, 2:30- same----by now the doors are locked and most workers are getting ready to go home.  2:45, nope not yet...3:00 - why yes, here it is!  I left and there were 20 other people waiting for their papers.

So, the good news is, I have all the visas, the other good news is...we got our Seeking Confirmation (LOA) today!!  and it went to USCIS and our I-800 has been processed and already sent to NBC to get the visas!

OK now once they send it to the Consulate we will have a good idea of when we're going.  It will either be on January 19th or 26th.  I think we better start packing.

We are on our way. So it is time to send out the panic alert to gather whatever more donations we can.  Besides that we have budgeted for two girls our agency told us there by the way you will also have to pay $800 for a facilitator even if you only need him to meet you at the offices and follow up on your documents  huh?  $800?  Why was that not in the original breakdown?  Any negotiation?  No.  Alrighty then, I am now going to see if I an find my own licensed guide in each of the three cities.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you!!! You will have your beautiful daughters very soon!!

    ReplyDelete