Thursday, January 21, 2010

Update - sort of...

Good news is that the Article 5 has gone to the CCAA.  Now the most important step is the issuing of the TA by CCAA, then I can get my CA, and book my flight, sort out the hotels, arrange for transport to/from airport, arrange bunny sitters, school work, etc.  I do hope that it happens tomorrow. If not I wait until Monday.  And we leave Thursday, a bit of a crunch, don't you think?

Tonight I did something nice for myself.  I got together with a friend whose birthday it was. She didn't have anyone to celebrate with.  We are comrades, because we were the oldest people in the EMT class, and thought we were going to have a variety of nervous breakdowns.  The information was like pre-med, you were constantly over-saturated with facts with no time to absorb them, and if you got behind, just` one day, it was close to impossible to catch up.  We suffered together.  I think forty-eight started out in the class, and only nineteen finished.  And two of the nineteen, were us!

So, we leave next week, gasp!, the time has come.  I do so appreciate your interest in keeping up with my blog.  I feel like I have an extended family out there somewhere?  Iceland, Canada, the Netherlands, which I have been to and love, Singapore, Germany and many in the USA.  I will continue to update our adventure as we go thorough all our adoptions.

 For those of you that have donated for the girls, thank you.  For those of you who have cared enough to return to keep up on the progress, I make this request.  As this is the 'final hour' so to speak, would you make a donation of any amount, because it does make a difference.  Every cent adds up to pay an adoption fee.  Even $10 goes a long way.  It could feed at least four people lunch.  So you see if you donate not only will it help with the adoptions costs, BUT it will make you feel good as well!  Two for one.  Such a deal!

It is not easy for me to ask for donations.  So I will only beg this one time..pretty please, give what you can.  You'll be glad that you did!

It is 12:30 am, time for sleep so I have energy to start the new day, of packing like crazy.  I feel so behind.  I will give another progress report tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Aw phoooey, I was hoping for a big TA post!!! Well you'll go right down to the wire I guess, just like we did! We booked our flights on a Thursday and left 3 days later! Crazy!!
    Can't wait for your post that says "we have our girls!!"

    ReplyDelete