Monday, January 11, 2010

A lot done this weekend

Two nights of night ambulance duty and no calls!  It's great to get a full night sleep, ahhh.

Well, I finally am feeling a little more comfortable in several areas.  We finished painting the room, have all the furniture in, bought the curtains and rug, and it looks great.

And our flight reservations have been made tentatively, because the paperwork has not been completed as of yet.  It still has to go through several other offices.  Time is ticking by, we must get there in time!  I  also have the reservations for two of the three cities that we'll be in completed.  I haven't quite figured out how to get five of us to the airport and seven of us home from the airport.  It is a dilemma, especially with all the luggage.

I haven't been able to keep up with teaching the family Sign because I am always busy needing to do something.  Even now it's past midnight and I have things to do..  At least I'm not bored.

I can't wait to meet our new daughters.  It such a strange concept to adding two almost full grown daughters to a family.  I don't have any of that 'baby/toddler/girl' time of them growing up.  It's just "Hi how are you, you're our daughter now."  First you have to get to know them as a person, and they you, then you can start attaching.  With younger children it's easier to say "Awww", and cuddle and get close.  It's a bit harder when the child is almost as tall as you.  It will be quite a journey.  Speaking of which, I will journey myself up to bed as it's already past midnight - again.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen your daughter's photos on the photolist many times and have prayed for them Someday, we hope to adopt an older Asian girl and the one on the top picture was one that had always drawn me. Thank you so much for giving her a home!

    ReplyDelete