Monday, January 25, 2010

I have a splitting headache

Well, I don't know where to begin to describe the day today.  I suppose if you are on the outside looking in, it doesn't seem so bad.  But, on the inside, mixed with many other factors it can be oppressing.

Where to begin?  Since I have twins I am in a National/Regional group called Mothers of Multiples.  Each year we have two huge tag sales to get rid of out grown clothes and toys.  For some reason they decided that if you aren't part of a conference call talking about the 'rules' you can't sell.  Which is absurd since I have been selling for 7 years and never had a problem.  But I received an email today saying, if I don't participate in the call, I can't sell.  I was counting on this tag sale to raise about $250 towards  already spent adoption expenses. Well, I blasted them with a cc to the President and posted an email on the message board.  I was livivd.  They chose technicalities having priority over me not being here because I was in China adopting.

Then there was the booking flight issues.  No, we don't have our TA yet (tomorrow?) but we need to go.  SO I booked the flight.  Arrive Jan. 29th, pick up daughter #1 in Beijing on Jan. 31.  Feb. 3, Civil Affairs, & passport & fly to Zhengzhou & pick up daughter #2.  Hey wait a minute, the agency never told me what time we can leave Beijing to fly out if we have 2 appointments!  So I estimated, better take the 5:00, in case we run into delays.  I come to find out after the fact (and they couldn't tell me this before) that if I arrive that late I can't pick up daughter #2 until the next day.  But after much discussion within the agency they decided that departing at 5:00 was a good idea.  But if I pick up daughter #2, the next day when can I go to the orphanage, (an hour away), because of needing to do civil affair and passport with her and leave on the 5th, the next day.  Never fear, I shall figure that out... I hope.

Then there was, oh never mind, you really don't need to know the details, suffice it to say, it was a tension headache day which is now drawing to a close.

I have packed 4 daughters, and the everything bag, now one more daughter, and, oh yes, me!  There is a lot to accomplish in just two days.  I hope that I am up to it.

For all of those who have asked, I will  blog and send pictures while in China, the best I can.

Tomorrow will be my last entry for a few days, but I will return...
Oh, we have a lay over in Korea for 5 hours, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment