Monday, August 2, 2010

I was just sitting down to write when my pager went off for an EMS call, and now I just got home, it is 1:23 in the morning so I will just be quick about a few things.

Robin and 'China Dreams' left comments on the situations of possible disruptions. I agree with all that they said.  Yes the social worker should definitely bear some responsibility in this case.  If she had asked the right questions perhaps she would have caught the misinterpretation of what adopting an older child, or any child really entailed.  Before they are allowed to adopt parents should be made to read information regarding what to expect and what could happen and how to handle it.  The the social worker should question them to see if they understood what they read.  Sometimes no matter how many times you say something, a person never hears.

We call the day our children were adopted "Family Day" because that is the day they joined our family.

The situation with the older child 'might' be getting slightly better.  There is another Mom and myself that are sending reality check emails to her and she may have started to 'get it'.  I don't know, we will wait and see.  I am not quite sure about the younger child though, I have not heard in a few days...

I should go to bed at this point. I had a very active weekend starting on Friday.  My 40th high school reunion happened, and it was wonderful.  Many of my classmates and I grew up together since we were three.  It was a warm fuzzy weekend.  I needed that!

1 comment:

  1. We are interested in helping by being available to take a disrupted child.
    Could you contact me if that's what is needed? We will be praying it doesn't come to that but if it does, it's better to have a family come forward than no where to turn.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete