Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why is it that adopted girls that are 13 seem to be disrupted more than others?  Before the present two came to my attention, I knew of 4 others in the past year or so.  And tonight, I heard of one MORE!  A thirteen year old deaf girl who is a perfect child according to a parent that knows her and had her stay for 3 weeks at her house.  The "mother' decided she "was done" and did not care where she went, she just wanted her gone.  So she put her with a family that doesn't know sign language or anything about the deaf culture.  They are supposed to be her legal guardians, but no one knows if they are even interested in adopting her. I am so ready to scream!!!  Who are the social workers that OK these people??  What are they thinking?  There has GOT to be a change in how parents are prepared and screened.  This is happening way too much!

To temper my anger and disgust, the good news is I heard from the woman whose organization will be handling bringing the little guy over and helping arrange for getting doctor and hospital to donate their services.  Although I'm not sure how she will do that because from several of the calls I have made, I didn't see any enthusiasm towards giving free medical care. But she assures me, that she feels confident that she can make it happen.  If it is meant to be, it will happen. Sigh, I am not the patient type.

When I hear anything about any of the disruptions, I will post the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment