Sunday, August 15, 2010

You know it occurred to me, it is very hard to be an all knowing, insightful, intelligent, have-all-the-answer-parent when you barely know the child(ren).  I have only known my girls for 6.5 months.  How can I possibly hope to say or do the right thing?  Especially when there is so much unknown.  All I really can do is deal with what I see and hear at that moment.  It's like flying a plane and all you know about it is what you've read in books or seen in the movies, and hope you don't crash and burn.

My twins have been begging me for at least a year to let them give me a spa, yes really.  Finally I gave in today.  First they hung up directions on every wall all the way to their room.  Then I knocked and they had me sign in my name, date & time.  They then handed me a 6 page book they created of choices of services including the prices.  I had 10 choices of how much time I wanted for a massage, and then the choice of how many colors I wanted for my pedicure with prices that went up with each number, and 8 choices of designs for my toes.  I choose 4 colors with the star and moon on my big toes and percent marks for all the others.  For my pedicure they brought me a drink and magazine.  They first soaked my feet, then scrubbed them with pumice, then put cuticle remover on, then callous remover on, then a special lotion that they massaged in for at least 10 minutes on each foot.  Then it was time for their art work on my toes, which is absolutely gorgeous.  It took  two hours to do so we ran out of time for the massage, which I will get tomorrow.  The bill came to $30.00, but luckily they gave me a certificate that read:  my name and "no payment till the end of the year, can't be used for tips".  "Infinity dollars, Infinity cents".  So I turned that in.  But of course I did leave a tip.  Now they're ready to do this for their Girl Scout leaders and the girls in the troop.  They plan to save their tips for their college fund.  I am very lucky to have such kind, creative, intelligent caring girls.  Who could ask for more?

2 comments:

  1. Tell them that Aunt Debbie's birthday is in March, hat a pedicure would be the perfect gift, and that you hear that she is a BIG tipper!

    ReplyDelete