Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Possible new adventure,,,

It is only in the very beginning phase, but there is a little boy about 2 years old in China, in a special foster home that will not live unless he comes to the states for special heart/lung surgery.  A Pediatric heart surgeon looked at the medical records and Angiogram and said, "Thereafter repeated cardiac catheterizations would likely be required to deal with developing scarring of the small lung artery branches.  Even patients with his kind of heart disease who have permanent access to cardiac intervention and re-intervention are very challenging and present therapeutic dilemmas. Permanent access to pediatric cardiology and cardiovascular surgery is necessary for patients with his heart problem to do well long term."  
So you see, that caught my eye so I replied to the email they gave.  They emailed back and gave me the contact person who is the main advocator for this little guy. And it was incredible!  The person is someone we travelled with almost 9 years ago when we went to adopt our twins!!!  Now there's a 'meant-to-be.'  So I suggested he call a certain Foundation that brings sick children to the US for surgeries.  I offered to be the host family.  Yes I know, do I realize what I am taking on?  Yes, I believe I do.  My guess is if it does happen, and he stays for about a year getting surgeries, we would probably adopt him.
With all the girls here, think how spoiled he will be!
OK, it has been 2 hours since I posted the above.. and - OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What has happened in such a short time, it is unexpected.


So, here it is: I ended up calling the Foundation and found out the Executive Director, that I know, is in Beijing for 5 weeks.  Which, by the way is where this little guy is.  I emailed her at about 4:45, which is 4:45 in the morning there.  The next thing I know at 5:00 my time, I get a call from China!  We spoke a half hour and the jist of the conversation was, "Let's do it."  I was in shock!  Then she said, she hopes to have him in the States in two months, YIKES!!! Whoa that's fast!
So my assignment is to find a Doctor that is open to gratis surgery and follow up.  Once identified, she will do the rest with the Doctor and hospital.   I think I found the perfect one, who is actually Chinese and works gratis in China and is passionate about children.  So she makes the arrangements, the organization flys the child and nanny over and, voila I will have a little guy in my house of girls.  Whew...


When everything is confirmed, I will post pictures of this incredibly beautiful, joyful child.  Until then, I will keep you all up to date.
I have all girls clothes, anybody out there have any boys clothes they don't need...?

3 comments:

  1. You said that there was another adoption in your future....there you go! A little boy might be a great experience for the girls to share. If it's meant to be it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might depending on the size you would need. I have clothes up to 2T, my sons are starting to out grow their 3T clothes. One son is from Kushan City cl/cp, a 4/8/09, b 10/20/06 and my other son was also a toddler adoption from foster care a 9/29/09, b 4/2/07. email me if the sizes and I'll let you know teach.bear@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete