Friday, April 2, 2010

Guess I took a little more time off than expected..  I seem to be getting a little discombobulated lately.  Not sure why.

I have heard back from a few people that they have tried to leave a comment, but were unable to.  I imagine that can be quite frustrating. So here is an address  where you can leave the comments or questions.....  nicoj5473@yahoo.com

Interesting news, the woman from the State did not wait for the Director of SN to call her, she called him!  She said that she suggested some 'ideas' of materials to help support my daughter's English program.  Guess he knows now that I want the best for my daughters and I'm not afraid to go to the top to get it.

I know that a couple days have past since I wrote, but for the life of me I just can't remember what I did on those days.  I know I went shopping to fill 5 Easter baskets, and while shopping I had one of those ''six degrees of seperation' experiences.  I will briefly share.  On Sunday night I went out on an EMT call, it was for possible diabetic shock. It in fact was very timely that we arrived when we did.  It was about 11:00 at night, and the noise had woken up the daughter. As things were being taken of, I would turn to chat with the wife to temporarily distract her.  When the little girl came down we had finished so I went over and talked with her and her stuffed animals because she was scared.  Fast forward to Wednesday.  I was planning to go shopping for Easter baskets, but I kept on being delayed for a variety of reasons.  I finally got out the door and to the store to start shopping.  I go in, grab a shopping cart, go down a short isle and turn the corner and see this woman, I looked at her and pointed, she looked at me and pointed, then she gave me a wonderful hug.  It was the wife of the man we had treated!  She thanked me for being there and helping. Then her little girl came around the corner, and with a tiny bit of prodding she remembered me and gave me a huge smile.  The wife and I just started talking and talking. We connected immediately we had so much in common.  It turns out that she is in the same profession as my dh and me! (Although my career has been on hold for some time).  What is amazing to me is that we actually ended up in the same place at the same time, and I had been an hour and a half late getting started.  It was a definite meant to be.  It really makes you feel the the world isn't that big after all.

Tomorrow I will post some funny pictures of my deaf daughter, she always catches me off guard with her sense of humor.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment