Monday, April 5, 2010

Ah Monday,

A new week, perhaps it will bring good news.  And perhaps it will bring my deaf daughter an understanding  of her new life.  I can see how very difficult it is for her to try to fit in in an environment that has strange rules, creates boundaries when no one cared to give them to her before and expectations that since she is now part of a family she can trust, she can care, she can be loved.  She has so many emotions running through her, I sometimes think that she doesn't know how she feels.  She has had several crying episodes that none of us could figure out why.  We ask, and we ask, and she won't share. She will also get tearful if she doesn't want to do something you ask her to do.  That can be quite frustrating at times.  She will flat out refuse to do something. It is obvious that when she did this in the past, with tears, she often got her way.  I finally end up signing, "When Mommy says no, it is no,"  And she will then come around.

If it isn't the tears she will so some cutesy behaviors and I have no doubt that they worked most of the time.  Because they are cute.  But when I don't aqueous, she becomes sulky.  It definitely the testing time.  And I can see where she is slowly starting to understand what she can and cannot do.

Well the new daughters were totally blown away with receiving an Easter basket from the Easter Bunny.   Especially my deaf daughter, she was SO excited and in awe.  When she asked, "How did bunny come in? I signed, "I have no idea."  That just made her giggle with excitement.  My other daughter responded in quiet amazement, not sure what to make of all of it.  And of course my twins wrote a note to the Easter Bunny and left candy for him.  Part of the note said, are you a girl or a boy, what color are your eyes, are our bunnies some of your helpers...?  It was quite cute.

Maybe this week we can have the "meeting" to decide where my deaf daughter should go to school.  Of course I know where she should go, and where she will be going.  But this is a process I must suffer through to get what I want.  So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment