Thursday, April 8, 2010


Tomorrow we get her hearing aids and she should be able to hear something.  I am very excited for her, and me.  Does this mean that perhaps I don't have to go upstairs any time I need her, or go running after her to say something or stop her from making the wrong choices??  Oooh, that would be nice wouldn't it?
She picked the color blue for her hearing aides so this should be a nice contrast against her black hair.

Sometimes, I admit, she drives me slightly crazy.  Like getting ready for bed at night she brushes her teeth then pops an Easter candy in her mouth. Then I discovered this brown stain on her bottom sheet. I asked "What's this?":  She points to all the empty candy wrappers and boxes from Easter.  She ate massive amounts of candy within 3 days  of the Ester Bunny coming.  I never thought to tell her that she needed to ask me before she ate all of it.  She still comes down every morning morning in p.j.’s.  I tell her “change”, and she comes down wearing what she had on the day before. It’s a process...

I tried to arrange her clothes in categories so she could understand how to put things together.   It took me over an hour the first time.  About a week later I go to get a shirt from the closet and everything is in a mish mash.  I search her drawers, and find a skirt, a dress, and all sorts of unrelated clothes in various places.  Her closet no longer has rhyme or reason to it.  A sweatshirt is in the pants area, a shirt was with the dresses, half the pants had been taken off the hanger and piled on a shelf, I didn’t know where to find anything. So, I start again and explain to her each section and why it is organized this way and how it can help her.  She nodded the whole time, but she nodded the last time as well.  I’ll go and check in another week or so.

I did my pro-active Mom thing again today.  I got an appointment with the Superintendent of Schools for Monday.  I will walk in with an agenda to deal with several important issues, 4 to be exact.  I do expect to have a successful outcome.  I also sent a strongly worded, but nice, email to my daughter’s teacher who is supposed to be teaching her English, but doesn’t because she is a reading teacher and just has her read. No vocabulary of consequence, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.  I copied, the Principal, the Guidance Counselor and the Director of Special Services with this email.  I need to create a paper trail of my requests and communications to bolster my case, which I will present to the Superintendent.  You see it is all connected.

Time to bolster me with some sleep to tackle a very busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment