Monday, April 19, 2010

On the lighter side...My daughter who is deaf is eating massive amounts of food.  I am not exaggerating!  The least she eats is 3 helpings at dinner, but her usual amount is 4 helpings, large helpings as well.
Here, she finally grabbed the serving bowl to finish everything off!.  This was her 4th.  And according to her Doctor, in one and a half months, she has gained seven pounds and  almost 2 inches in height!  I have no idea what to expect her final height will be at this point.















Driving today I pointed to a deer crossing the road, she let out such a long loud scream of delight that she scared me! I was not prepared for that kind of reaction. With all the wild life around here and Spring practically here, perhaps I should invest in some ear plugs...
I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what to do with my daughter's Sweet 16 party.  She's invited 10 girls for the night. When she first arrived three and a half years ago she was so emotionally and socially immature that I put her in 4th grade at 12.5.  It has worked out beautifully because the group of kids in that grade are so nice.  So she will be 16 and her friends are 12/13.  It's kinda hard to plan for that age range and make everyone, and the birthday girl happy.  My daughter is finicky, and doesn't like the usual things.  But I may have found a solution.  I'l  share with you once I solidify the details.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing what grade your daughter is in! I have been struggling with what grade to put my daughter in next year - it's nice to know that someone else agrees with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going through the same thing with our son. He will be 9 next year and in the first grade - but it is what is best for him.

    ReplyDelete