Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Don't you hate forgetting things that you usually never forget?  Like Dentist appointments?  I cannot believe that I completely forgot this one.  You might think that it was only a dentist appointment, but this took a lot of calls to get.  I also had to send x-rays, charts and a referral letter.  It seems my deaf daughter has such a crowded mouth that what 12 year old molars that have come in need to be taken out, especially the one that grew in horizontally. The molars that are about to come in are right over teeth already there.  AND when her wisdoms come down, they have to come out as well, because they will also be coming down right on top of other teeth.  Gee, another place to spend money, that we don't have extra of...

We should be hearing by the end of this week about her hearing aids coming in.  That will be quite exciting.

I have heard back from Senators office and they actually are using all their contacts to track down my paperwork that the Immigration Officer took by mistake at the airport.  Hmmm, perhaps I will be voting for him in the next election...

I walked into the Department of Education and asked for an appointment with the Superintendent.  I need to resolve these issues of my daughter not being taught enough English to enter HS in Sept., my twins entering Middle School that has no gifted or Enrichment classes - which presents problems such as boredom, not paying attention and losing interest in school.  In 4th grade they are on a 6th grade level for math, writing, reading and vocabulary.  And I would like to give him a heads up to my deaf daughter's situation, in case at the PPT they decide that they can handle her education at the Middle School.  The last task I will be taking on are the issues that are getting out of hand at the HS, I won't bore you with the details.  I do so look forward to this meeting.

And last, but not least, I will leave you with a picture of 'the girls' taken on Easter.

2 comments: