Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The evaluation for my deaf daughter went well.  She was fearful at first, no matter how I explained to her that it wasn't a test, no pass or fail, it was just to figure out where to start teaching her. All in all she had a great time.  She went to the cafeteria while I spoke with the the evaluator.  All the kids gathered around her, and started asking questions. At first she was very shy, but then became comfortable and started teaching them Chinese Sign Language. What happens next is in about a week the report is forwarded to the Director of Sp. Ed. and I ask for an immediate PPT.  That meeting is the crucial one, as it will decide where she will go to school.

I didn't get much else done today because it was such a long drive up and back.  And it was quite an early morning frenzy. I got up at 6:00 and woke everyone up because....my two older daughters were going on a field trip and had to be at school at 7:20, and my twins had to be at school at 7:15, and I had to leave early with my deaf daughter for the long drive to the evaluation.  So I will take myself to the sheets early to prepare for a catching up day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment