Friday, May 7, 2010

Yabba Dabba Dooo!

If you are not from the 60's era you won't understand the above.  It represents another way of saying Yahoooo!
Today I officially got for my daughter, bussing and tuition to the deaf school until she is 21!!!  AND I explained that I thought summer school was necessary at this point for her to retain what she learns in the next two months!  Well, I got it also.  One down, three to go with the school system.

That was the good news for the day.  As I pull into the driveway after an hour drive home from the school, the first thing I hear is what my deaf daughter has done - AGAIN!    She had taken one of the twin's jump ropes that had a jump counter at the end and cut it off because she thought the rope was too short and tied it to another rope.
She has done this sort of 'damage' to multiple things in the home because that is how she wanted it, or what she wanted to with it.  She has no perception about not touching something that does not belong to her.  Nor does she have the self control to stop and think before she acts.  She obviously did not have any regulation at the orphanage.  She also feels rules are not for her because she is deaf, that is what she told me tonight.  I cleared up that misconception pretty darn quickly.  I explained that ALL the children have to obey the rules and it didn't matter if she was deaf, the rules are the same.  All the children in the family have the same rules. And that, is that.  I also said, we are a family and you are in this family forever.  Even when I am angry with you the love stays and does not go away.

Since it had been such a bad for my deaf daughter with me landing all over her for the jump rope, I decided to allow her to go to bed a half hour later than her bed time. Well 15 minutes past the time she was supposed to be in bed, she came down stairs and said, "Sorry, I forgot,"  Now mind you, it was just 45 minutes ago that I gave her that extra half hour.  I was so NOT happy.  I turned on Bable FIsh  and basically said that I was disappointed that she did not take the responsibility to go to bed on time, I had given her a special privilege etc., and saying that she is sorry and she forget is not acceptable, and a lot more, which I don't want to regurgitate.  I didn't use all those big words with her, I did keep it simple, I just short cut the story by using them.
These 'events'  completely sap my energy, and each time the next one happens, it is that much more draining, because it's that, "Here we go again feeling".  I understand where all this comes from and why.  I just hope for a small break through sooner than later.

On that note, I will get to bed before midnight.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the deaf school. I'm sure that if you request it they will work on her understanding rules and that she has to follow them. Good luck with that.
    You sound sooo busy and tired, but if you ever get some free time let me know so we can get together.And.......most importantly......Have a wonderful Mother's day!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing Mother!!!!!

    ReplyDelete