Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hi... the struggle continues with my daughter.  She totally dodges doing homework, or any type of school work.  At bed time, which she also avoids, once the lights are off, she continues to play.  I know now that I will need to personally monitor from the time she comes home from school to check all her work from the day, run her through her homework, test her on her signs and spelling and make sure she doesn't do anything, or touch anything without asking.  She has yet to understand that concept.

My other daughter is loving what I am teaching her in Homeschooling.  We work on vocabulary, spelling, sentence structure, grammar, creative writing, interpreting and breaking down a story, conversation, idioms, American culture, and more.  We also do field trips.  Tomorrow she will go on a very long and interesting field trip with her Father.  They're going to shoot a promo for a documentary.  She will learn about video production, dealing with people and their different accents, seeing a different part of America, organizing, and so much more.  It will be an exciting day for her.

My twins are astounding me daily.  On their Spring break, the decided to write a newspaper.  They each did their own, one had 8 pages and the had 10 pages.  They both had articles, breaking news, classifieds, pictures, complete with drop shadows, clip art, page numbers.  And this past weekend they both decided to create power point presentations.  One did it on snakes and the other on Lions.  ANd they're only 9 years old.
Here is one of the slides she created.


I'll try to also get a page of one of their newspapers as well.

I must sign off now, I think I'm developing a bit of a cold and I need to substitute teach tomorrow, as well as other things..

No comments:

Post a Comment