Thursday, May 6, 2010

Again, I'm afraid I will not have the time to go into details, if it hadn't happened -again- tonight, I would have had the time to share.  Tomorrow is my PPT to get my daughter into the deaf school, and it's over an hour drive.  It is already late and there is so much to do.  Handling the situation tonight has put my schedule behind by 2 hours.  I have so much paper work to finish preparing for tomorrow morning's meeting.

Suffice it to say the communication gap between my deaf daughter and the world has continually had her breaking rules, gluing things that shouldn't be glued, tearing pages out of books- again, breaking things, wiping glue on her clothes, stepping in and doing things without asking and there by creating a mess or irrevocable damage, the list goes on.  The amount of time it takes to explain that you don't break rules, you ask before doing something, don't just do something because you feel like it, etc, ends up being one and half to two hours each time using Bable Fish or my daughter trying to understand her Chinese writing. It is so exhausting.  In the past three days there have been at least 5 of these scenes.  So forgive me as I bail out and do my paperwork for tomorrow.  I don't feel like re-living my frustration, anger and sheer exhaustion tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment