Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I know I said that I would return today but yet again I have been swept away with commitments.  As an example,  I got four children off to school by 8:00am, I drove to the next town, (about 20 min) to substitute teach.  I finished work, came home picked up my twins and 2nd daughter recently adopted and drove two towns over (20 min) to search for a birthday present for my deaf daughter.  No luck.  Drove to another town, again 2 towns in the other direction (20 min), and went to two stores with only a modicum of luck.  Drove home, (15 min), dropped everyone off and picked up my deaf daughter and drove back to the first town I went to search for b-day presents.  I needed her to pick out design and flavors for her birthday ice cream cake.  That took about a half hour.  Then all the way home again.  A very quick dinner and I sent my oldest, 2nd adopted child and dh off to a concert my oldest was in.  I immediately sat down and did grueling math homework with one twin, then gave different spelling tests to each, had them pack snacks for tomorrow, take a shower and wash their hair.  I then went over my deaf daughter's homework which is never easy.  That took about 45 minutes.  Then I had her pack her snacks.  By them everyone was home from the concert, and I check the homework that I had assigned to my home schooled daughter.   I then sat through while one twin practiced on her flute for her concert.  Sent everyone to bed.  Did a quick research on driving directions to the zoo (about an hour 15 min), and got about 3 different maps and directions, printed it all out, emailed the Mom who is bring her son, who is deaf and from China to tell her where to meet.  Now I am taking a shower and getting up early tomorrow to get my troops on the road to a hopefully wonderful day.

I won't be back tomorrow as directly after I return, I need to get into my EMT gear and go to a mass casualty drill complete with blood, bones, smoke machine going etc.  I have no idea when I will be back.  But, since I need to substitute on Friday, I will be up at 5:50 on Friday morning...

I would like to think that sometime Friday evening I can catch you up on all the goings on...

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! Take care of you and come back to report when you can :-)

    ReplyDelete