Saturday, May 1, 2010

Remember in the last post when I said a was a bit tired?  I've not been listening to my body's signals this past week.  I just continued to do what I needed to do and just focused on going forward.  I should have realized that I was becoming fatigued when I would forget what I was saying or couldn't quite find the word I wanted to use.

On Thursday I was going 'strong'. I went out on three calls.  The first one was that a tree had fallen down and pulled wires down with it which then started a fire. I am certified Fire Police so I had to re-direct traffic explain why they couldn't go down the street they wanted to, and give alternative directions. I did that for about an hour or so.  I then went home to have some lunch, about 3:00.  Just as I was finishing homework with the girls, and doing paperwork...a call went out for exactly the same situation as before, but this time, on a different road, and rush hour had just started.  So here I am again as Fire Police.  This time I had many more cars, coming form two directions at once, and making sure the emergency vehicles were getting through as well.  That was for over two hours into dusk.

Here I am just returning from my first Fire Police call.





And as the sun starts setting as I direct traffic, I hear a call for EMS personnel.  They knew at the command center that I needed to go, so someone came to release me.  I go flying down to the firehouse, heavy fire boots and pants and all.  By then I was quite hot in them.  Open the garage door to the ambulance, try quickly-there really is no such thing-to pull down the fire pants onto the boots to leave them in a 'go' position.  Throw my shoes on and climb into the cab and off we go.  I didn't get home until about 8:00 that night....

Friday I had to substitute teach all day. I got home at 4:00, returned phone calls, checked emails, and about 5:00 I decided to go upstairs for a half hour nap before dinner.

Well, I guess my body decided to take over because I wasn't doing such a good job listening to the hints for slowing down.  I lay down at 5:00 pm and woke up 16 hours later at 9:00 am. the next day.
Guess I should be a better listener next time.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness you got some rest! You look so cute in your gear!!

    ReplyDelete