Thursday, May 13, 2010

I survived substituting all day for 3rd graders. My deaf daughter enjoyed her first field trip with the school.  She also received a cute note from a deaf classmate and attached with stickers and other cute things.  I translated the note for her. I offered to write a note back for her explaining that she didn't know English yet but she was very happy with the gifts and receiving the gifts.  She was thrilled that I would do that.  She also asked that I get a picture of her to give to her friend.  How cute is that?

My other daughter is loving the homeschooling that I am doing for her.  She let me know that what I am teaching her is exactly what she wanted.  Although it seems to be a huge responsibility and I feel guilty if I can't always do as much as I think that I should be doing.  But my friend Patty told me tonight that there was an easier way of going about dong it without so much guilt.  That was nice to hear.  So now I will try rearrange my mind and plans to be more efficient.

Now if I could just find a spare moment to gather my wits to write a letter (a scathing letter) in reply to the Assistant Superintendent, and deal with the immigration documents, find a job, sign up for night duty, do more holding time with the rabbits, clean the house before I go crazy, bills, get the car fixed, return way overdue emails and letters, and much more....  Hmmm, I think I've just overwhelmed myself again, so I better go to bed and sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment