Friday, February 19, 2010

Yes I know, I missed yesterday.

I am sorry, but the day just got away from me, and when I finally sat down to write, I literally fell asleep at the keyboard.  Jet lag can be really annoying.

So as I prepare dinner, I will write in between.  Well, best laid plans...I wrote that last sentence 2.5 hours ago.  So, it's that fading time of night, I will try to write fast before I nod off.

As we first walked into the house, I signed to my daughter "This is....", and she was gone!  She ran into every room, turning on every light looking around quickly, then running upstairs and doing the same in each room.  There was a look of glee on her face.  Then she grabbed my other daughter's hand and dragged her from room to every room showing her everything, upstairs and down. It's as if they couldn't believe their eyes.

Then, in the kitchen,  there was the look of astonishment on their faces when I ran water from the tap and drank it.  They both decided to try it cautiously. 

As I said good night to my deaf daughter I noticed that she only got under the bed cover.  Remembering that in China we had Continental quilts, I showed that she needed to get under a sheet and blankets.  Her eyes widened and she scooted under the covers with squeals of delight.  She scooted so far down that I could barely see her face.  But from this face came radiant joy of all the coziness.  As I walked out of her room, I remembered that I better show my other daughter how to snuggle down.  She looked at me in amazement, as if I was fooling her.

That is all for now.  I am fading.

I'm starting to remember some things that I forgot to post in the past, so I will include those as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment