Thursday, February 25, 2010

I would like to thank everyone that gave me great suggestions regarding dealing with the cost of hearing aides.  The audiologist is contacting the manufacturer to see if they can get them at cost and she also offered to speak with the accounting department about a payment plan.  YEAH!

The reason we took three opinions regarding my daughter's age is because of uncertainness in nutrition, genes, etc, one reading wouldn't necessarily be accurate.  Taking the average of the three: x-ray reading - 12, Pediatrician - 11.5 - 12, and the Pediatric dentist - 11 - 11.5, we came up with 11.5 for her age.  But when we finally get her in deaf school, I will let them test her, and I trust them to make the appropriate decision.

More antics.  Last week I was downstairs and I hear this loud noise above me.  It was of a chair rolling back & forth on a wooden floor.  I listened, and listened and listened.  I couldn't quite understand why it was going on for so long.  I go upstairs and what do I see?  My deaf daughter sitting in the chair, shooting back and forth the room at top speed.  I stopped her and tried to explain that this was not a ride or toy and I showed her that it stays at the desk.  Case closed, or so I thought...  Two days ago i heard the noise again although it was a bit different this time.  I go upstairs and she is in her chair, again, going down the hall to her sister's room.  I turned her around made her go back to her room, placed the chair at the desk   I pulled the chair away from the desk and signed, "No".  I pushed it into the desk and signed "Yes".   I think she understands now...time will tell.

One would think, I would remember my experience when we adopted our older daughter 3.5 years ago..  I had walked into the bathroom after I told her to take a shower.  I peeked in and she was holding the shower head in a crouched position trying to wash herself.  I had to show her about putting it in the holder, how to stand under it, and how to wash standing up.  Several days ago I peaked in on my deaf daughter and darn if she wasn't doing that exact same thing!  So I showed HER what to do.   Isn't it amazing the things we take for granted?

1 comment:

  1. when you ask your daughter what age does she say she is? I know some areas of China add a year in other words the day they are born they are 1 then on their 1st birthday they are 2 etc ...

    interesting what doctors and xrays and such can tell ...

    best wishes,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete