Monday, February 8, 2010

I do appreciate everyone's support who has tuned in to our story. So I am going to share a neat inside secret I just found out about today. Most of you know that when you're in China, you are blocked from any blogs, Face Book and My Space. The Chinese government does not allow access to any of these sites. That is hard for those of us in China wanting to keep in touch with friends and families at home.

I have found an access page that leads to all closed sites. Yes it is true, just go to this site and there's a place for you to type in the address and away you go! So now if you would like to write comments I am able to read them. Today I was able to catch up all the comments written in the past. Thank you each and every one for your thoughts, prayers and caring. It does mean a lot to me.

The web site is: vtunnel.com
Really that's all you need.

Now to share an incredible moment that truly brought tears to my eyes. It was late, about 7:00, we were tired from a long day, and soaked from a pounding rain storm. We had just finished buying Chinese books and cds in this massive 7 story book store when we stopped to eat. It was a Japanese sushi place that had you sit at a counter and a moving conveyor belt constantly was whisking all sorts of sushi by you. All you had to do is reach out and grab what you wanted. It was fun and we ate massive amounts. As we walked through a department store to go out and catch a cab, we passed the piano section. A young man was playing Pachabel's Cannon in D.
I told everyone to stay and I grabbed my Deaf daughter's hand and pulled her around the rope right up to the piano being played. I took both of her hands and put them on the top of the piano, and she watched his fingers as he played. All of a sudden her face broke out in this wondrous look of amazement, glee and disbelief. She was 'hearing' music for the first time! As I watched her face I felt a lump in my throat and tears came to my eyes. It was so incredible to see her face glow. I opened a new door for her to experience. It was one of those moments when time stood still. All I can say is 'Wow'.

And so I shall end tonight's entry on this high note.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are all together and things are going well. What a wonderful story about the piano. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof that music touches the soul....even if you can't hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new here and congratulations on both your daugher and this wonderful new world for her!! May she experience many more like the story of the piano!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a neat story. Thanks for sharing.
    What a great idea to place her hands on the piano....a whole new world.

    ReplyDelete