Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snipettes

Today I will be adding little experiences that I forgot to tell you when they happened.  I will be adding throughout the day, before 'fade' time.

Here is the first one.  When we first got our daughter who is deaf, my older daughter took her into the bedroom to try on some of the clothes we brought for her.  Several minutes later she comes out of the room, saying, "She's wearing THREE layers."  I said "Well of course she is it's cold today."  "No you don't understand!  She took off her pants, and she still had something on, I think long underwear, then she took THEM off and there was ANOTHER LAYER!!!!  And they were pajamas!!!!!"  I exclaimed, "You're kidding?!"  "NO, come look."  I walked into the bedroom and lying on the bed were the 3 layers, when I signed, "Why", she signed, "Cold".  And she gave me a sheepish look with a lop sided grin.  It was too cute.  And since then I've had to check her, because she is still in the habit.  So I'm the layer police.  In fact she isn't sensitive to cold, it's just what she was used to doing since she grew up in the orphanage since age 2.

The other snippet that I remember is when I was going to go out and do errands, my dh mentioned that I was and my deaf daughter signed, and if spoken it would have come out like this..."Mama DRIVES!!?????
Total astonishment.

I will think of more later.
Here are some pix I haven't posted yet

No comments:

Post a Comment