Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Fashion Police strikes!

 Ah Ha!  I decided to do a random check, and my deaf daughter not only had done the two layer thing on her legs, but had combined 4 layers of the weirdest combination of tops.  Really, different necklines, colors that couldn't possibly match, short and long sleeves, and a cami with a gauze layer under it all!

I decided to pick out new clothes.  I opened a drawer and ahhhhhhhhhh.  Some friends of mine had given her the most beautiful elegant dressy dresses, and they were balled up in her drawer!  OK, deep breath.  This is going to take some time to get her on the right track.

And I forgot to mention, when I walked into her room this morning her bedside lamp was on the floor.  I sought her out, brought her into the room, and asked if she had seen it on the floor.  It had obviously been knocked over in the night because a small pillow was where the lamp should have been.  She said yes. I said why didn't you pick it up?  She shrugged with a grin. (Counting, counting, breathing...)  I say if something falls you must pick it up.  Then I look around her room and papers were scattered on the floor, her bed wasn't made, clothes from yesterday were thrown on a chair and she had thrown laundry in her hamper that didn't have a bag in it because she had brought it downstairs to the washing machine days ago.  These are all things I have asked her to take care of every day that she has been home.  I wish I could make a "To Do' list up in Chinese so she could look at it every day.

This week I start the knock down drag out with the school system to get the proper resources for my girls.  I have already had this sort of situation 3 years ago with my other daughter.  And I have come to know the Director of Special Education is a pompous fool and a bully, who terrorizes his staff and cares only about the bottom line, not the children's welfare and education.  I personally know of two families that moved out of town because of him.  And I have spoken to the Head of Deaf and HOH for our state and even SHE has heard about him in the most negative ways.  

 I threw my gauntlet down this morning asking for PPTs.  So begins the battle...

1 comment:

  1. You can print out a to do list on Yahoo Babble Fish. You type in English and it translates to Chinese-then copy and paste it into word and print. I did this in Russian. I understand and sympathize with you-we went (and are still going through this with our 11 year old from Ukraine). We check his room everyday because he just doesn't understand why HE has to do it-He doesn't get that he needs to take care of his belongings. So be strict and hang in there! If you need to vent.... norbycj@hotmail.com Cara

    ReplyDelete