Thursday, February 11, 2010

one more time

Alright I remember a few things that I wrote... It was about the list that I needed to complete while here. It was...to buy souvenirs for the twins to give to friends and teachers, underwear, socks, shoes, tops, pants, cds, headbands, books for the new daughters.

Now my original email was quite longer than this. I was saying that the list had finally been completed, but there were several stories that were really interesting... hmm, well if I remember them, I'll let you know.

Our deaf daughter has quite the sense of humor. I was trying to explain to her and the other new daughter that the oldest daughter was blind in one eye. So my deaf daughter got her attention and signed, :"You're blind in the right eye?" My daughter nodded. And she answered, "That's O.K. I'm deaf." Then yesterday I came into her room with my hand on my chin trying to remember why I had gone there. So she put her hand on her chin and started stroking it then quickly held up her pointer finger with an, "Ah ha" look on her face as if to say..."Hmm, now what was I...OH YES now I know!" Totally imitating me. Then, the other morning she decided that her bangs were too long, so before I got up, she had wacked off her bangs into an arch around her face. A visit to a hairdresser is now on the to do list.

Chinese New Year is in a few days and the city is buzzing with activity and red and gold colors everywhere. Today we went to the flower street that only happens for 3 days and only in Southern China. What a cacophony of smells, sounds and people. You really felt the excitement of the the coming celebration. It was truly amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment