Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weary

I started today rather chipper.  I did a EMS/fire safety demonstration for 3rd and 4th graders.  Then things slowly went south.  Unlike previous adoptions, documents that never needed a state seal or Chinese authentication now do.  I thought the dossier was finished, but oooh nooo.

My agency informed me that EVERYTHING needed everything.  How could I have not known that, me a former producer, detailed-orientated type A?  I just assumed it was as before.  So in one hour and 15 minutes I went to one town to get a doc notarized, then to another town for another doc, then two towns away to Fed Ex to mail the I-800A, then (no time to make it) pick up dinner come home to another faux pas. The financial letter my husband wrote won't be accepted.  Because he was laid off, he is not allowed to state what ever money is coming in or assets.  Apparently they need a CPA to write it, to make it reliable.  Now it was 6:30 at night, and I don't know any CPAs.  This dossier has to get out now.  So, to relieve some of my stress I went out on an EMS call for a little girl.  Just to put things into perspective.

I still need to drive an hour and a half to the state offices tomorrow to get that state seal on docs I didn't know about, then go into the City to the Chinese Consulate to be Authenticated.  But if I don't have that accountant letter to get the state seal on and Chinese authentication...

Anyone know a CPA or an accountant with a letterhead???

I know, tomorrow is another day.

3 comments:

  1. Keep moving and keep praying. Every little bit helps get your daughters home. God bless you all in your endeavors.

    Shannon (from Deaf adopt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace be with you while you tackle the constant changes. God obviously has a plan for the girls and your family and His plans always come to life. ;)

    Charlotte T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong !
    It will come together.

    ReplyDelete