Monday, October 12, 2009

Never a dull moment...

Having started everything late in life, I am continually on a learning curve trying to catch up. I don't use an ATM, I can't text, I'm not quite sure what an ipod is and the wii thing is beyond me. Now having said all that, I am a well travelled, sophisticated, educated woman, or least I would like to think of myself as such.(?)

By making two recent decisions I have been thrust, kicking and screaming into the techie world. We chose to adopt one more daughter near the age of our oldest, now 15. I saw this picture of this girl with such a beautiful smile and dimples I just knew she was to be for our family. She is 13. We decided we could figure out/raise the funds. We were almost finished with the dossier and completed our homestudy when I saw an urgent email stating a deaf girl would age out in February. By 'coincidence' she was with the agency we were using. I inquired and let them know if no one came forward to contact me. Four families came forward and I was glad, and slightly relieved. Fast forward 2 weeks...I was the only one paper ready to be able to adopt her before she aged out. Gulp. But if we didn't step up, I didn't want to think what a petite deaf girl's fate would be for the future...

OK, husband moves out of his office to make another bedroom, and I need to get past the shock of having 3 teenage girls all of a sudden.

Money, how could we possibly do this when almost everything doubles? I frantically start applying for grants. I know so many in the adoptive world step forward in time of need, I knew I would have to reach out. This is where the techie part comes in. A blog? Chip-in? All Greek to me. Thankfully someone took pity on me and guided me through this. So this is my first attempt to raise funds to increase our daughter count from three to five.

We HAVE to travel by the end of January to adopt before her 14th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment