Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sign Language lesson

Well, I gave my family their second Sign Language lesson tonight.  Man can they get the sillies!  I never knew Learning Sign could become such a giggle fest, and my husband was the worst with the wise cracks , and he was trying to do those in Sign Language.  I had to settle them down a few times, but they are enjoying it so much.  Now they won't stop trying to speak to me with Sign...
I researched Chinese Sign but there isn't much out there, but I did find a few things.  In particular.., my older daughter's favorite singer from her Province has a YouTube with her song being Signed in Chinese Sign Language.  So, my daughter will translate the Chinese words and we see which word goes with what sign and Voila, we will be learning a whole bunch of Chinese Signs!

Then I had a really cool idea.  Since my daughter knows the song and can sing it  she will sing and sign, I will sign with her and hopefully my other two won't be too shy to participate for our new deaf daughter.  This will let her know that we care, we will try, and we respect her language.

1 comment:

  1. I too tumbled into gales of laughter when you were teaching me bits of Sign. Especially for some of the Christmas songs!
    xo,
    s

    ReplyDelete