Monday, October 19, 2009

One step closer.

Today I went to the Chinese Consulate to have my documents authenticated.  As I reached the Consulate, I noticed this looong line outside, I thought to myself, this surely isn't just to get inside?  Well it was.  So we all shivered until inside and then I joined another huge line.  Now this one had an obstacle course.  First you had to find the end of the line, then you snaked yourself carefully inch by inch through at least 5 long switch backs to finally arrive at 8 rows of chairs with 15 chairs in each row.  Now this was challenging because you had to keep moving over to the next empty seat as the first one was vacated.  It was like musical chairs with 50+ people, but everyone always got a chair.

I got to the counter, and she found 'problems' with some of the paperwork, I about had apoplexy.  I can't go through all this again.  Finally after back & forthing she agreed that I only needed to copy one document.  I went to the machine - another line, and the person using the copier was making massive amounts of copies!  I told the person in front of me, tell him in Chinese that we only need one copy, PLEASE let us go first??  No deal.  Well, he finally finished, then the 4 people in front finished, I heave a sigh of relief, put my quarter in and..the copier JAMMED!  Why me!  Didn't do that for anyone else, nooo, only me.  OK, that's it, I whip open any door press on any lever and expose the whole machine, NOTHING I can't find the jam.  Please say this isn't happening..somebody opens the paper tray and voila, I see the jam.  I rip out a chunk of paper and proceed to threaten the machine with bodily harm if it messes up again.

Back to the counter, papers accepted, then train home, ahhhh.  Almost done.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy will you have stories to tell the girls when they get home! Good grief!! Glad its done. Hope the train ride was uneventful.....

    ReplyDelete