Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have not heard from the Senator's office yet. I hope they can figure out what department handles this. If they can't, I'm in big trouble. I heard from my agency and they are baffled by the whole thing. This has never happened before. Of course, I have , all my life always been the 'first' in any problem or situation. i always plow the road for the next person that coms along. I'm glad to help the next person, but does it always have to be me? I would love to have smooth sailing sometime. We were called today and given next Tuesday as the evaluation day for my deaf daughter. Yipeee, I thought that we'd have to wait two weeks.

 Tonight I will just throw a few thoughts out because I need to get up at 5:00 tomorrow morning - I know Deb, you do it every morning. But I tend to go to bed rather late. Anyway, I won't be home till Sat. night, so my next update will probably be Sunday.

 My deaf daughter has so many 'things' to learn. For instance, she was given several bottle of lotion that have very lovely smells, she threw them all out. I gave her Burt's bees for her lips which are always dry, she thought it was lipstick, she threw it out. My older daughter decorated a small grapevine wreath for her room, she thought all the flowers were dead, she threw it out. She saw food was left over in the pan on the stove, she threw it out. Get the picture? I don't even know where to start, because there's no category for all this...

 I can't count how many times I had to say 'no', 'no', NO!" to her today. Sh does things quickly without thinking, or knowing how to judge a situation. And then, when I told her it was time for bed she signs, "well why isn't the sister going too?" I signed, "because she is 2 years older than you and she is doing homework." The she makes a face like, it's not fair. She does this almost every night. I sign, go, bed, now. She slowly turns and goes. As I'm trying to arrange massive amount of details before I go, I hear a rustling of paper. I think, I need to find out what that is, I'm sure it's not the bunnies. But I am too busy to do that right away. I finally get all the arrangements down. I get up go around the corner and who is sitting there??? Yup, you guessed it. And this is 25 minutes after I told her to go to bed. I tell her when I say bed you go now.. She gives me a face like, "Aren't I just too cute to be mad at...?" I sign "go now". She smiles that smile and slowly walks upstairs. A few minutes later I go into her room and she definitely is not in a hurry. I sign, "When Mommy say sleep time, you go now, no wait." She gives me a look that says, "Who me, did I do something wrong?" I just shook my head and walked out of the room.  On that note I head for bed and hope to get a few hours.

Oh, one thing I will share, because I was very touched and surprised. When I came down after my shower, there was a note from my new daughter, and this is what it said..."Good night mama. I go upstairs and sleep. Hope you have a good time. see you saturday. I will miss you". Wow, guess I'm doing something right.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problems with Alex (10 from Ukraine, turning 12 on Monday). He threw everything out-we still have to watch his garbage-It was/is very frustrating. He just didn't get it. He threw out toys, crayons, clothes, everything but garbage-doesn't seem to be able to get that into the can.
    I also feel like I am the first to have to suffer through things-Being from South Dakota, their aren't too many people who have adopted older children and our gov't doesn't seem to know how to function-17 months later we are still trying to get Jack's (now 16) citizenship paperwork. They only take vows every few years in SD-no one immigrates here.
    Hang in there-I am praying for you! Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend with two adopted daughters from Russia, they were constantly throwing stuff out - even clothes - sigh. It's been several years and I'm not sure it's over ... You are doing so much right- you are my hero!!

    ReplyDelete