Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Monday, already?

Well, not really.  It's getting to be just past midnight.

The weekend was uneventful as it was a blur, so there is nothing to report.  But FINALLY today, I received my I-797 Notice of Action, which was to arrive on Friday!  So now I am behind.  Also got a revised birth certificate for my husband, so he's no longer a 'female' .

So dash out tomorrow get the I-797 notarized, drive 1.5 hours to the capital to get their seal, drive back, run to the P.O. to over night his birth certificate to his state for their seal, and then drop the older daughter to piano at 4:30, do a quick shop (we're out of kleenex & t.p., which is not a good thing to be out of) pick up the twins at 5:30 from a school project, race home throw (or place) dinner on the table, run out and drive 18 minutes to one Christmas concert rehearsal that merges into a second one that goes till 10:00 p.m..

Wednesday I will be hopping on a train for an hour and a half train ride to the Chinese Consulate before 12:00 to get their authentication, & if I'm really lucky they can expedite it to pick up that afternoon.  When I get it, I fly to Fed Ex and overnight it to my agency, which in turn will overnight the Dossier to China.  Whew!

And that's only the beginning, we have so much backing & forthing with paperwork to get down in a month,
which is not very likely due to the holidays coming up.  We are already falling behind! Especially in the fundraising area...

Did I mention that I'm on night duty tonight?  It's 12:15 am, think I'll try and get to sleep before either the pager wakes me up to go out on a call or my alarm clock at 6:00.

And lastly, we received several donations today that I am VERY grateful for.  The kindness that always goes along with whatever the amount is always so inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. Whew Kathleen, I'm exhausted just reading this! You have so much energy!!! You'll have to rub some of that off on me when we come visit......after your girls are HOME!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete