Monday, December 28, 2009

Almost the New Year and the craziness of Christmas is over until next year.  It was little but it was a wonderful Christmas.  My older daughter experienced Christmas for the first time even though she has been here 3 years, she is 15.  There was a joy on her face that I have never seen before, and even her voice was a little different.  That was my best Christmas gift.

The twins were their usual crazy selves and had a wonderful time. Me - I was tired but happy.  Now I can focus on getting the rooms ready for the girls, buy a few pieces of clothing, as they come with nothing, not even a toothbrush or p.j.s.  I have to put my mind on as if I'm going camping, what do I need to bring?  That is how I will pack for the two new daughters.  Hair brush, shampoo, soap, teenage face wash lotion, paper, pens, toothpaste, body lotion, (it's very dry there), underwear, winter coat, pants, sweaters turtlenecks, etc.  And the funny thing is I don't know  their sizes, I'm doing a guesstimate from what is listed in their paperwork which was done who knows when.  Really, one is supposedly four and a half feet and 67 pounds, and the other one is five feet one inch and 115 pounds.  I won't know until I meet them for the first time.  I won't even think of dealing with shoes or boots until China.

Then the girls will need 'things', they come with no possessions.  SO we'll shop for c.d.s, hair things, books, whatever I can think of.   I will end up having many 'To do" lists before this week is through.  So I better get started.

2 comments:

  1. My 13 year old is under 5 feet tall(probably about 4 ft. 10) and weighs 79 pounds. She is VERY thin --- she still wears size 10 in the kids department. I don't know if that will help you at all. I'm really praying for you guys, and wish we could help. We would be adopting if my husband wasn't out of work. We'll keep reading.
    The Dawsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, I am catching up on your blog now. I don't know how this works but hopefully you will be notified of this comment. My 13 yr old from ZJ is tiny too: about 4 1/2 feet and 61 pounds, she wears a girls size 10/12 in shirts and an 8 slim in pants which are actually a little long. Hope that helps.

    Robin in AZ

    ReplyDelete