Friday, December 4, 2009

O.K.

I won't bore you with the details of how it got resolved, suffice it to say that I found a phone number to the Consulate that someone actually answered and was very helpful.  Today it will be sent out in overnight mail. By then my head was splitting with a tension headache.

Perspective: Sometimes one needs a bit of it.  These last two days that I have gotten so worked up about were clearly put into perspective last night.  I went out on an EMT call for a forty something woman heart attack. No prior illnesses, good physical shape, no medical histories.  CPR had been started immediately, a Paramedic was attending her, everything possible was done expertly.  CPR continued all the way to the hospital and the hospital staff were really dedicated.  But for some reason she had a heart attack in her sleep leaving behind children and a very devastated husband.  You really DO have to appreciate and acknowledge what you do have on a daily basis, because you never know if you blink if it will still be there.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Kathleen, that is some major perspective for sure. Wow. Glad all your paperwork stuff has been resolved!

    ReplyDelete