Friday, November 27, 2009

As I was saying..

Well Sunday night, I did get called out and never got to bed until 3:00 am.  Got up at 6:00 to get the girls off to school and then continued my day.  I went and substitute taught for half a day and came home to no electricity. The whole area was out for no particular reason.  Even though it was in the afternoon it was getting dark because rain clouds were moving in. So I got the one of the girls off the bus and  started doing homework, and the lights came on. I left to pick up the other twin from orchestra practice and the older one from school to a doctor's appointment 40 minutes away.  Finally got home at 6:00 and made dinner then ran out the door at 6:50 p.m. for an EMT/Fire drill.  So for the next two and a half hours I spent outside in the cold mist taking care of 'downed' firefighters.  It was a great learning experience, but by then I was dragging.  I come home at 9:30 and discovered a rabbit had escaped, leaving his mark, oh, just about everywhere.  Just what I wanted to do, clean up bunny poop & piddle.  Then set all my gear out, because I was again on night duty....

Tuesday, I was out to 10:20 p.m. for a Christmas concert.  Ok this gets boring after a while.

Let's talk adoption.  My approved I-800A was sent out Tuesday.  Today is Friday and I hope to get it Saturday.  Monday I'll drive it up to get a state seal and IF there is enough turn around time, which I doubt, I'll go to the Chinese Consulate to get their seal and then FedEx the whole thing to my agency to FINALLY get the dossier to China!  Oh, a leetle glitch popped up...  The agency pointed out that my husband's birth certificate had him marked as a 'female'.  Whoops.  They said it probably won't be noticed, yeah right.  I want to be in China and have them 'not notice' it and try to get another one notarized, state seal and authenticated  all the way form China.  Naw, I think I'll get a new one!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kathleen......just a teensy weensy glitch huh......LOL......I'm with you, get the corrected birth certificate!! That could create a nightmare should they begin to question if your husband was really born female! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the glitch, it is good to see you making progress, inch by inch.

    ReplyDelete