Monday, December 21, 2009

Yikes - A week gone by without an update...

I am sorry for not staying in touch.  Even now it is midnight Sunday and I am just trying to go to bed.  This week has been a mixture of trying to get Christmas ready, rehearsals for the concerts, moving furniture from the husband's office to make a bedroom for a new daughter.  And if you know anything about men and their computers and 'toys' and general mess, (sorry to generalize) but it has been like going through a rats nest!

 I'll just describe one day of last week.  Get up at 6:00 am get the girls ready for school, leave at 8:45 to substitute teach in the next town as a para for an autistic child, race out of there at 2:00 to my daughter's school to decorate her room for the holidays, race home, make dinner, throw my concert clothes on, slap on some make up and out the door, to the next town to perform in the concert.  Most days ran somewhat like this.

I sang in a concert Friday night and Saturday afternoon, and now I am finished for the season.  Tomorrow I need to drive 45 minutes to help move furniture for my sister than come back here, pick up the older daughter at school and take her to a doctor's appointment 45 minutes away.  Get home about 5:45, make dinner, kids finish homework, they get ready for bed and I'm out the door by 6:50 for training at the firehouse.  Come home after 9:00 and probably stay up til 1:00 am wrapping presents.  Ho Ho tis the season.

Got great news from my agency, we've been logged in at CCAA and are being translated.  Next I think it's a letter of Confirmation they send, I-800 gets sent, Visa Dept. does something, then the Consulate issues an article 5 or 15, whatever, then maybe a TA?  I get confused at this point.  Now I have to think about packing.

Oh that's another thing I was struggling with last week, trying to buy a few clothes for the girls when I have to guesstimate their sizes.  Oh and my teenager is deciding to have attitude issues with everything.
And, I forgot this, when the winter storm was due to come crashing in on us, I had to go and have my snow tires put on.  Not a big deal you say?  Well I had to get up at 7:30 am on Sat. to rush down to the place when I knew that everyone else in town had the same idea.  I had to wait an hour and a half.  Then I had to find someone to plow our driveway since we didn't have anyone booked.  Finished that, girls to Girls Scouts, older daughter to sewing, make lunch for everyone, they all come home at 12:45 and I'm out the door for my concert at 2:00.

Well you get the picture.  I need to go to bed now as tomorrow is another one of those days and it's now 12:30 am.  I need my beauty sleep..I wonder where that expression came from?  No matter how much I sleep, it never seems to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment