Friday, September 24, 2010

I didn't mean to keep you hanging like that.  The days rolled into the nights which became late...you know the usual.  The experience with the Chinese delegation for my family was wonderful.  It turns out that 4 out of my 5 daughter's Provincial heads were there. Once each daughter was introduced they were treated as celebrities taken to other members of the delegations and being introduced and having their picture taken by many people.  Once they found out that we had adopted five girls, we became even more in demand to meet more people.  My girls had the biggest smiles on their faces.  Two really wonderful coincidences occurred for my oldest and my second oldest, who was just adopted.  The Director of my older daughter's orphanage was there!  And she was able to find out that all her friends had been adopted.  She was so happy for them, which was a new area of empathy that surprised her when it came out and me.  She also found out that her "older sister" who had aged out some time ago, not only had found a great job, but had also stayed with the Director for a year.  And my other daughter spoke with the Head of her Province and discovered she knew some of the same people.

I was able to meet the Deputy Director and have a fairly interesting conversation.  My family members were celebrated by the Chinese delegation as we celebrated their trip to America to meet the adoptive families and the children.


My daughter has finally learned enough SIgn Language that I could read a couple of simple children's book to her tonight.  She was thrilled.  It was rather hard for my because I had to substitute signs that she knew so she could follow the stories which changed the story ever so slightly.  It was a whole new experience for her.  I can't wait to do more.


Oh, the twins b-day party was an incredible success.  Look at these Traveling Cloaks my friend made just for this occasion.  They opened it first thing on their birthday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment