Monday, September 20, 2010

I am here

I will catch you up a bit, because I do need to go to bed early, (that would be a first).  I have been busy with my time and emotions.

I did hear, finally from the Government handling my daughter's case.  The next step in a week or so is that they will be coming all the way here to interview the District and question their reasoning on their choices for my daughter... Then they will speak with me and my daughter.  I so want her to start school, for her sake.

The other day I drove an hour and 15 minutes, one way, to go to my daughter's school for the deaf, and had a long meeting the Head Administrator, the Principal and the head Teacher.  It was very successful, they seem to be on my page of concerns and goals.  I will see in the following months the progress that I hope that will be accomplished.

After the weekend of my Mother's memorial party, this weekend was the twins b-day.  I purchased a H*rry Pot*er party package where everything was laid out for you, all the things you needed were there to be printed out, and if you did need to buy supplies, there was a supply list.  The document was 140 pages long!  It took me forever to figure the whole thing out.  And I do mean days of looking, printing, and dissecting.  Then when I'm ready to sit down to collate everything and put it all together with what I hadn't printed out...we could not find the stack of papers.  We had moved it some place out of the way for my Mother's party, and not one of us could find it.  And believe me we looked in the weirdest places.  It was definitely too much paper for the rabbits to eat.  SO I started all over again…  Just as I was really starting to 'get it', and I was on a groove when I hear my EMT pager go off.  Of course I won't go I have too much to do.  A second tone goes out, no one is responding between two fire departments, a third tone goes out and I hear only one person sign on.  At this point I'm thinking, aw, come on, I was just in a great rhythm typing up a script and creating lists and sections for each event, (there were 7).  OK, I start to get up to slowly prepare to go.  I get into my EMT pants, grab my radio, phone, ID, a FOURTH tone.  I call in, I'm on my way!  You know, it's a good thing I did, because only two of us showed up.

I got back so late that I couldn't pick up where I left off, so I went to bed.  So I tried to start the next day, the week before the party was full of teacher meetings, shopping and researching for goodie bag items, dentist appointments, and much I don't remember. By Friday I was crispy fried, wound so tight I felt like snapping. By Friday I still did not have a complete grasp on it all and I had promised a friend to spend some time with her quite a while ago.  Ideally I felt I just shouldn't go, it was a 45 minute drive one way and the day before I had driven about 2 and a half hours roundtrip to my daughters school and I didn't want to put the effort out to drive following directions I had printed out that I could tell needed concentration.  See, I really was close to my limit.  I just wanted to finish trying to understand this party, get all the props set up with all the different rooms...  But the invitation was to benefit me.  My friend had wanted to give me a break.  Although I felt I couldn't spare the time just now.  I went knowing I HAD to do this, although doing for Me is never at the top of my list.  That's a typical 'Mom' thing.

I went, and did the Yoga class with her, she took me to a very yummy lunch, with two lovely friends of hers.  This she knew I needed, and made it happen.  I guess that's what good friends are all about.  By the time I left, I was taken down a t least 10 notches of stress.  It helped with the rest of the crazy day.  Because as soon as I got home, out I went with the twins, picked out a cake, picked out the balloons, went to a store to by a b-day present for a party one of the twins was going to that night, and then went shopping for food for the party.  Stayed up quite late preparing.  Went to bed, next day rise early and jam up to the 4:00p.m. start time.

There were 12 ten year olds, 3 boys, the rest girls.  Oh my was it loud.  It was very successful, they all seemed to really get into it, especially the potion class.  I had gizzards, and salmon skins, bat livers, bloodworms, and other gross stuff.  The kids loved it!  I also served dinner as a H*gworth feast, then more things to do.  Finally the cake, several games of telephone, opening presents, and 4 hours had passed and then they were gone.  Hugh sigh!  I started to clean up which took another hour or so, just as I was sitting down and relaxing...you guessed it, my pager went off.  Oh no, I thought.  One tone...second tone, oh heck I'm not waiting this time.  I gathered up what little energy I had and raced out the door.  I got home after 11:00 p.m. and slide into bed.

Only to wake up everyone early the next morning to go on a special boat ride with important people who are in charge of all adoptions in China.  A delegation of 30 people came over to meet adoptive families.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know about your conversations with the CCAA delegates, so please post! We had minimal conversations thanks to my babysitter who totally bailed on me! But, they did have some interesting conversations with Leo. When (if?) things settle down for us both, let's try to plan a "girls" outing with your daughters and Leo. I'll try to think of something fun, and non-chaotic, where we can have some good conversations.

    ReplyDelete