Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ah, the challenges of parenting

Do any of you out there have a child that just presses your buttons and makes you over react to situations?  Oh, it is so annoying, just as you think you are doing and saying the right things to your children, one of them comes along and pushes those buttons and makes all your hard work seem like it's going down the drain and you feel like a bad Mommy.  I know orphanage issues and hormones is a nasty mixture but jeesh, does it have to be so complicated as well?  This is going to be such a long road to healing for my older daughter.  So much for avoiding gray hair...

My dear daughter who is deaf, showed me again how far she needs to go.  She still forgets to zip her zipper.  And I caught her the other day pulling out that little pocket that is in the big pocket on jeans and patting it down so it hung out.  Why?  This morning she took out some left over rice from Chinese take away.  While she was heating it I asked her, now what should you put it in to carry to school?  She pointed to the little cardboard carton it came in.  I know why she thought that but her cognitive skills are a bit lacking, so I had to teach her by...do you think your rice will stay warm in the carton?  Do you think it might spill out?  Where should it go to stay warm and not fall out...She finally got it - the thermos.  Another day in my life that tells me the rest of my life will be full of challenges.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am SO there with you on the buttons!! Gotta have a good hair stylist to cover all the gray :)

    ReplyDelete