Monday, July 5, 2010

She may drive me crazy, and frustrate the hell out of me but I will admit, she has a keen wit...  Yesterday I introduced  my deaf daughter and my other new daughter to a friend of mine.  My deaf daughter immediately signed "I'm Chinese, she's not, she's American,"  pointing at my other daughter. I signed, "What?"  She signed. "Yes I am Chinese she's just American."
How funny is that?  Then tonight at the dinner table I handed dh change from the other night, she handed her hand out as if she deserved it.  So dh gave her a high 5.  She signed , "No. I should have it." Dh shook  his head with a "I don't think so" look on his face.  She then signed, "When you are old and frail, who's going to help you then?  Not me?"  I burst out laughing and everyone said, "What, what did she say."
So I translated and everyone went into hysterics, and the look dh gave my daughter was priceless!

To those that gave me leads to help my daughter develop abstract thinking, 'Mom to 8' and 'skyblue59', I am very grateful and I will follow up on them.

You know how things come in threes...no matter what it is?  Well, I've had 2 out of the three today. My oldest daughter had a friend over, and she has the same birthday as I do, then someone wrote to look at this very special little girl that needs adopting and HER birthdate was the same. So I'm now waiting for number three, so I'll just put it out there. Anyone's birthday on July 24th?

Never mind, I just found the 3rd July 24th, although it wasn't a birthday, but it was the start of a special science/history camp. So, you see, things do come in threes.

No comments:

Post a Comment