Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello, my birthday was a great success.  I tend not to have a groups of friends, rather individuals, so at this party few knew each other, the common denominator was me.  Everyone enjoyed meeting each other and making new friends,  I love it when that happens!

I had kids over to fit the various ages in the house...  I discovered during the party that my newest adopted daughter was not participating with the girls she was familiar with and her older sister.  Instead she hid.  Her head remained down as she 'appeared' to be concentrating on doing crafts all night.  Hmmmm

I spoke with her about that and said if she wants to learn English she must take a risk and speak to people.
She said that she has nothing to say...  Oh I know where this conversation is going and if I continue it, it will be a losing battle.  So I told her that she and I will have a 10 minute conversation, with full sentences every day starting TODAY.  Ad we did, and she squirmed a lot.   But the more we do it, the easier it should become.

Well, it turns out I won't have to fight for the twins this year to get a 'gifted' education.  Two openings came up for the International magnet school.  I am thrilled, this place is a new campus and teaches and look at what they study!  This was their curriclum from last year.
Areas of exploration for each continent are geographical location, climate, landforms, language, history, fun facts and daily life (including holidays, celebrations, traditions, schooling, family, and etiquette).
And they study all of the above in each country in the world. So you can see why I am so excited, talk about an amazing opportunity! This is exactly what I wanted for them. The school only goes to 5th grade unfortunately, but at least they will have one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment