Thursday, July 22, 2010

A quick post for tonight

I took my daughter to the doctor today to check out her sore throat. While we were waiting she showed me a huge red welt on her leg, it was a bug bite that she had been scratching.

The doctor comes in and measures her. In 4 months or so she has gained 8 pounds and grown two and one quarter inches, and half a shoe size!  I asked the doctor, can this be considered something normal that can happen, or is this a "wow"?  She said, "This is a WOW."  OK, will I be having a basket ball player on my hands in a few years...?  I guess I will have to wait and see.

The doctor took a throat culture and the quick test was negative for strep, so we're waiting for the 24 hour  result tomorrow morning. My daughter asked why her throat hurt and I explained that her throat on one side had a lump that was red and swollen.  Just to show you how little life she has experienced, she pointed to her red swollen bug bite, and asked did she sleep with her mouth open and a bug flew in and stung her throat.  She was really worried.  I and the doctor had to reassure her that that did NOT happen and could never happen.  Her throat hurt for a different reason.

Went to the lake today with all the girls and the twins swam and the other 3 built amazing forts and waterways and had a great time.  As we left my two new daughters were having water fights with their water bottles.  Oh before that they were running around trying to step on each others shadow.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment