Thursday, June 3, 2010

I have been absent

It has become more difficult to find time to write.  I have been spent by late evening and going to bed opted out over catching up on my blog.

So briefly to catch you up so you don't think that I have deserted you... We have discovered that my deaf daughter can lip read, not English of course, but Chinese. At the dinner table the other night we were all being silly saying various fruits in Chinese and she knew exactly what we we were saying.  That is great.  Perhaps when English is more known to her, she will be able to a little lip reading with English.

My daughter that I'm homeschooling is becoming a bit bored, and who wouldn't be, with no social interactions with other kids.  So I have gathered some names and numbers of kids she knew a little bit when she was in school, and I'll get them together a few times.  I have also, finally, found the local homeschooling group.  It is over a 100 strong and it's two towns..  I spoke with one of the founders and she said there are many high school kids in it. I am so excited to find this group and to be able to get a social life going for my daughter.

The citizenship problems are starting to resolve.  And then I have to do the social security thing and the passport thing...  I hate paperwork.

Ooh, I almost forgot.  The deaf school also has a camp that's located on a lake and right after summer school my daughter will be going there and the twins and my daughter I'm homeschooling, all at no cost.  This is so wonderful for all of them to be able to have some summer fun.  Because we won't be doing anything this summer due to the financial situation.
Must run go now.  I will meet with some of the people from the homeschooling group tomorrow to find out more information.
Need to get some beauty sleep, the stress is aging me quickly.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating! I don't know how you do it! (wondering what color your cape is and all...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the vaccuumming and garage cleaning that stresses a person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for keeping the blog up - I realize your life is very hectic (I don't know how you do it all...)and appreciate the time you put into your blog.

    That is good news about the summer camp and the homeschooling group. Sounds like in some ways things are starting to fall into place.

    Best wishes to you and your family.
    Kelly O

    ReplyDelete