Sunday, June 20, 2010

The time seems to be flying by.  Just as I complete one thing I remember 2 dozen that I haven't done.
I am trying to collect my thoughts, actions, to do lists and everything else in one place.  I have done baby steps for the past several days. Slowing down is never easy, especially when you see how much needs doing...

There have been several concerts to go to that the girls have been in. I think I counted 4 or 5, then I have been continually subbing. The two overnight birthday parties for different daughter's on different days which means also figuring out presents. I've had night duty and didn't get home until 3:30 am and got up two and a half hours later to get the girls ready for school and make lunch for me because I was substituting that day.  Imagine, taking Kindergartners to a zoo, and it was a hot day... Laundry seems to have increased lately, not sure why, perhaps there's someone else in the house I haven't counted. Then helping all the girls get or make gifts for Father's day. And those plants, I MUST remember to water them.

The brief updates for girls: the twins are becoming more 'mature' in the sense their id is coming out strongly.  A little too strong if you ask me.  My deaf daughter is doing much better in most categories. I do believe she is 'getting it'.   My daughter that I'm homeschooling is soaring ahead, and my oldest has developed into a full fledged, pain-in-the-neck, combative, disrespectful teen.  I nip it in the bud, but she doesn't have much self regulation so situations become immediately confrontational. This too shall pass, just in time for the next one to start...

Must make this short as we have been offered a practically free vacation for 4 nights 5 days, at our friend's B & B on an island.  We need to bring our own food and towels and a few other things, but it should be grand.  My newest daughters have never seen the ocean before.  We leave Wed. and there is much to do.  If I don't get a chance to post before we leave, I will post while there to share the adventure with pictures.
Until later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you have a TERRIFIC time!! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax and enjoy your vacation! You deserve it-you have worked so hard!

    ReplyDelete