Friday, June 4, 2010

I write this post on the way out the door.  My dh actually asked me out on a date!  I think I remember what that's like...not sure though.  So we'll have a quiet drink and chat.  He offered a movie also but Friday nights I'm sure are crowded and I didn't feel like dealing with that.  Wow, real grown-up time with no interruptions.. It will take a bit getting used to.

Our twins are gone all weekend on a Girl Scout camp out.  That was tortuous trying to pack everything AND putting it all in plastic bags because it's supposed to be a wet weekend.  I labelled every baggy, put sets of clothes together complete with socks, raincoats boots, a medical kit with Arnica, anti itch spray, sun block, and lotion.  Speaking of Arnica, one of my twins ran head first into one of her friends at school on Friday and got quite the shiner.  So I went to school and sprayed her with Arnica, and when she got home, and before she went to bed, and this morning and the the golf ball lump has settled down with very little discoloration.  Arnica really helped me when they were toddlers...
And if any of you have Asian children that react badly to mosquito bites or any insect bite, like a normal child would have a small bump where my children's turn into a huge red itchy mountain - have I got a homeopathic spray for you!  It really works, and it's great fro poison ivy too.  It's called Tecnu, here's the site address: http://www. teclabsinc.com/storefront. cfm   remove the spaces.  The product I bought is a spray called, Rash Relief.

 Thank you for all your encouraging comments, I do so appreciate them, and they really make me feel 'wanted'.  Please keep them coming.
 I need to go now, my 'date' is waiting.  Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. I check often and read every word of your blog. It's fascinating to think about FIVE daughters from China. I'm trying to remember all the tidbits from the Twins Club, and I thought of this little one... you could let each child have 'their' day of the week, and each parent get one too... that's 7. On 'their' day the child can maybe choose (from a list) what's for dinner, or say some thoughtful words at the dinner table (what was good about today, what was bad). (or at least go first). I also remember that some families chose a 'Game' night, and played cards, or a board game. You're worried about not 'doing' enough, but I think you do plenty! I'm exhausted just reading. hoho. Miss you!
    Love, Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, and your garage cleaning reminded me of my trip to the grocery store last night. Just needed a few things, and it was 8:30, after handbells, and I was alone. The store was pretty empty, some guy was half-heartedly using the 'zambonie' to clean the floors, and I slipped in a puddle at the back of the store. I managed to hold onto my cart and NOT do a split, but my left foot slammed into the wheel of the cart, breaking my toe beside the little one (for the umpteenth time), my left shin hit the bottom of the cart (PAINFUL lump), my right knee hit the floor, and my 2nd toe on that foot probably broke in the tiny joint below the nail... it's less red/purple than the toe on the left foot though. OUCH, I'm still aching. There didn't seem to be a real manager on duty, or even anyone older than 19, but I complained anyway. I put ice on the shin and taped up the toes. Tonight I had to stand for 3 hours timing lanes at the swim meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do y'all have Red Box movie rentals near you? http://www.redbox.com/home.aspx? A movie cost 1$ per night. Tell your nearest grocery or McDonalds to get one. We rent a movie every weekend and watch together ($4/month!). Loved The Spy Next Door, The Tooth Fairy, etc. I liked Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp, but haven't shown it to the kids... too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A date - hurray! I know you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete