Sunday, November 1, 2009

Before I wearily go off to bed I will share our Halloween with you.

So 'the girls' say, let's go somewhere different this year for Trick or Treating.  Hmmm, I haven't a clue, so I start calling other Mother's for their suggestions.  Ok, I think I found the street that would be perfect, I hear a lot of kids go.  Make up on, hair designed, into costumes - a bat and a vampire, and off we go.  We arrive, take out the umbrellas, of course it's raining, and start the process.  Halfway around the circle, puddles have been stepped in, sleeves have been dragged on the street, and I am quite soggy.  The girls started commenting that the candy 'take' wasn't quite as good as the street we usually go to...

I did remind them that it was their idea to try something new.  A few more houses and the decision is made, hop back into the car and go back to the usual street.  It's now 8:10 and I'm sure there isn't much candy left at this point, but I say nothing.  On the way, we first stop at the Police Station to Trick or Treat, then onto the street.  Even in the soggy darkness it was nice to come back to something familiar, especially because they do such great decorations.

Eight houses later one of the girls (9 years old) says, "I think I have reached my standard for tonight.  We can go home now."  All righty then, into the car and home again home again jiggity jig.  Then one of them says, (it's 9:20 at this point) "I need a warm bath when I get home".   Imagine my surprise at this request for a bath?  Usually I get the sound of "Ahhhhah", where the sound stays on the same note and finishes with an upswing.

They insisted on separating out their candy before the bath, because they are giving most of it to the troops overseas.  So, bath, bed, sleepy eyes saying goodnite and it was the best Halloween ever!

So goodnite from me and Happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment