Monday, November 9, 2009

How to make an interesting Blog.

Well, several days later, a few EMT calls, Girl Scout meetings, and a few runs to the store I finally come back to touch in. Blogs are a whole lot more interesting to everyone if they're about a little boy or girl who is about to be or is already adopted and all the adventures that go with it. Right now it's just li'i ol' me trying to figure out how to bring two daughters home to their new family without ending up not being able to pay bills or feed the family we presently have. No one wants to read about that sort of struggle, Fun stories, antidotes are usually more entertaining and something to keep checking in on.                                          
  
 I have started to build a case with a lot of research to use as my 'weapon' to make my town pay for busing and paying to go to a Deaf school. This town does not like to part with their money no matter what! But I have fought with them and won before for our daughter that we addicted at 12.5. I rattled a lot of cages, hired a legal advocate, and wouldn't back down. I finally refuse to deal with the head of Special Ed. I would only deal with the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent of schools. Which is what I am doing now. I want all the meetings, paperwork, documents over with before I bring her home. So what I usually do is start at the top and work my way down. Today I called our State's Capital and the Bureau of Special Ed. and spoke with the Supervisor of Deaf/Hard of Hearing/Approved Private Special Ed. and complaints. She gave me great advise and referred me to a new paper they just published specifically using the correct language to get services for my daughter. Yahooo, she was great, friendly and accessible. I know that we will talk more. I am building up my ammunition for my first IEP meeting.            

 I'll keep you all informed as we go along. OK, I'm on night duty tonight (also last night) so I must try and get some sleep in case I'm called out in the middle of the night. Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment