Friday, November 13, 2009

My favorite day!

Friday the 13th, my lucky day.  In fourth grade my class was making a big deal about it. "Oh, it's full of bad luck, something terrible will happen, etc."  The teacher quieted us down and explained that the day was only unlucky if you thought of it that way.  Well, we all disagreed, and started citing examples, the din in the classroom reached a fever pitch.  The teacher held her hand up,  and her words of wisdom spilled out into the classroom entering our still forming minds.  She said...."Friday is the luckiest day in the year for me.  At the Country Fair every year only one woman ever won the jam contest.  I was 15 years old and decided to try anyhow.  The judging was on Friday the 13th, and I won the Blue Ribbon, 1st prize."

To this day I have never forgotten that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment